Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Home Alone...

So this weekend I decided to stay at home whilst my family went off in the caravan for a little break over the bank holiday, mainly because doing revision is hard enough at the best of times and I knew that being stuck in a caravan would not make me want to pick up my history revision guide and start making mind maps on the holocaust! Now, I don't really understand why some people don't like staying home alone...I mean what could possibly be better than getting to watch whatever you want on TV and eating whatever and whenever you like? 

However being home alone can be a little boring what with having no one around to communicate with in person so I've created a list of my top (mostly cringe-worthy) ways to keep entertained and fill the empty silences in your house when home alone for a few evenings!


  1. Sing your heart out! Oh yes, we all love to pretend we're some international superstar like, I don't know, say Beyonce? (What do you mean I can't sing?) So when is there a better time to completely belt out some cracking songs? The answer is never! I find this works best if you find some super cringey pop songs to sing along to...no one's around! 
  2. Dance like crazy! Pretend you've 'got them moves like Jagger'!  What's better than dancing your way around your house to some cheesy songs and pretending you've got the best moves? Nothing!      (Hint: Think Hugh Grant in Love Actually! - If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, check it out HERE!)
  3. Eat like a pig! No one's around to moan at you for eating two bars of chocolate to yourself, so why not? You want to eat a whole packet of biscuits or an entire tube of pringles, go for it!
  4. Watch endless movies! Whatever is your guilty pleasure, stick it on! Horrors may not actually be the best idea though...! I opted for Pretty Woman (having never seen it before) followed by White Chicks (oh how I love that film!)
  5. Mess around with makeup! Okay so this might sound weird but being home alone is a great time to experiment with your makeup, especially as there's no one around to see it if it goes wrong/looks awful! I decided I'd try drawing on thick, dark eyebrows one evening...it's safe to say I definitely won't be going outside like that anytime soon!
  6. Selfies! It seems that everyone is super obsessed with taking selfies right now! So having the house to yourself means you can take a tonne of selfies without hiding from your family! It passes time...I don't know, maybe upload a few to instagram?
Well there's just a few ideas for filling the silences when home alone!
Do you have any more silly ways of keeping entertained?

I might not be blogging for the next few weeks as I'll be revising for and then sitting my AS exams...Ooo scary! Where has this year gone?
They are obviously my priority meaning blogging will simply have to take a backseat!

Until next time, Cheerio!
xx

4 comments:

  1. haha i love this because i do that! oh and walk around in undies.
    and i did though of hugh grant! hahah amazingg
    xoxo,
    ORly
    coffeebeansandhighheels.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I though't it'd be quite relatable (either that or I'd discover that I'm just a weirdo!)
      I love Hugh Grant, I think that scene is one of my all time favourites from a chick-flick!
      Thanks for reading!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I laughed a lot reading this post! Whenever I'm home alone I always mess around with make-up and experiments with crazy eye shadows and lipsticks.. I just always hope nobody rings the doorbell! x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's the worst thing! The internal debate of whether you should answer the door with crazy makeup or try to scrub everything off your face with a makeup wipe! xx

      Delete