Pages

Sunday 27 April 2014

I Love Drugstore Makeup - Tag

So I haven't really had time to sit and blog properly this week, what with exams looming over me and revision taking over every waking moment! I didn't want to completely abandon my blog though and have decided to do the 'I love Drugstore Makeup' tag. I've seen a few bloggers doing this recently and, no I haven't been tagged, but I figured it would fill the void whilst all this other stuff is going off! 
The posts pre-exams may not be of the best quality but I hope you'll bare with me and things will get back to normal soon!


Here we go...

1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand overall?

I would probably have to go with Rimmel, simply because the majority of makeup I own is from their collection and it's all really good!
2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?

Face: I swear by the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, it gives great coverage and is super cheap! I also love the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation as I find that it blends really well and gives a nice medium coverage and isn't cakey! Ooo and I simply cannot forget the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, it is an absolute must have in my makeup bag! (You see why I said Rimmel for the previous answer...?!)

Cheeks: I used to use an Avon blusher, the name/shade of the product had long since faded and I have no idea what it was called! But now I'm quite liking the Rimmel lasting finish soft powder blush in the colour 050 Live Pink as it gives a nice glow for the spring time!

Lips: The Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish matte lipsticks give great colour and last for ages (even after eating and drinking)!
 My favourite at the moment is probably the dark red 107 shade!

3. Least favourite product?

Do brushes count as a product? I'm going to say they do! I hated the Superdrug pro dual ended foundation and concealer brush! I know it's cheap, BUT I still expected to be able to blend my foundation with it! The brush is rock solid and has no movement whatsoever making it near impossible to use!
4. What is the best makeup bargain?

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer (as mentioned before!) I cannot recommend this product enough!

5. What is your favourite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)

I don't know if this is really an 'underdog' product but...the Collection 2000 Fast Stroke eyeliner, it's a bargain at only £2.99 and lasts all days, doesn't smudge and is really black!
I also love the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip stains! Especially the shade charm!
6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?

In all honesty, I think that a lot of makeup brushes are overpriced! Mascaras too!
7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!

I haven't actually found any as of yet but Kal at Cluttered Closet seems to have found a pretty good dupe for MAC Heroine (you can read her post here)!
8. Drugstore product that isn’t worth the hype?

So far I'm not really loving the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer...I think it's because it's very light and I find that you have to use a fair amount to get good coverage!

Do let me know if you agree or disagree with any of these points!
Oh and I tag all of you to do this, either on your blog or in the comments! 
If you do, please let me know, I'd love to know what you love and loathe about drugstore makeup!

Until next time, Cheerio!
xx

2 comments:

  1. Completely agree with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer comment :( I was so disappointed after hearing all of the reviews!
    Great post & good luck with your exams!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't understand the hype over it! I was expecting it to make my skin look flawless but sadly that wasn't the case! :( Thankyou! xx

      Delete