Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

April Loves and Loathes!

Hello there! So I know that a lot of people do monthly 'favourites' blog post and vlogs and I really enjoy reading them all! But I thought I might try something a little bit different, instead of making a monthly favourites post, I've decided to term it 'loves and loathes' because while I think it's great to see what products people have been loving I also think it's fun and helpful to see what people aren't loving at the moment too! Now, I don't know if this is already a thing, other people might be doing this but I haven't seen any so here we go...!


Loves:


1. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the colour 'Charm'
£7.99
















I'm loving this at the moment, I think the colour is really nice for summer and it doesn't dry my lips out like I was expecting it too! I've read other reviews of this products that said it was drying, but I haven't found that when using it! It gives a really nice coral colour and lasts for the entire day!
 (The colour is also buildable!)

2. Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, in the shade 001 Transparent
£3.99

I am a huge fan of this powder and use it every single day! It gives your make up a nice matte finish and doesn't feel heavy or cakey! This also lasts for a pretty good amount of time, although I do sometimes top it up in areas that have a tendency to become a little more shiny throughout the day like my nose!

3. Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in the colour 107
£.5.49


I absolutely love this lipstick! The colour is great, especially if you're going out in an evening! It lasts all day, even after eating and drinking (it's a miracle, I know!) 
This is a must have in my makeup bag!






4. Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in the colour 050 Live Pink

£3.99
This blush is quite possibly my top favourite of this month! I love the colour and think it makes me look a lot healthier! I was a little frightened of the colour to begin with as I'd never had a blusher that was quite as pink, but once it's blended it gives a lovely glow and even makes me cheek bones stand out more (which is always a good thing!)

5. Superdrug Pro Blush Brush
£4.99
This had to be in my favourites as it, quite obviously, goes with the blusher! This brush is just so soft and works so well with applying blush! It's actually incredible for the price!

6. Easter Chocolate!








Well what can I say? Who doesn't love chocolate?! Especially at Easter with all of the creme eggs and chocolate bunnies!




Loathes:


1. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Sadly, I have to say that although I do really like the way this concealer feels on your skin (well it's more that you can't actually feel it!) and I also love the way it literally does wake your skin; I don't think it is making my skin very happy meaning it has to go into the loathes section!




2. Superdrug Pro Dual Ended Foundation and Concealer Brush

£2.50
I am so disappointed in this brush! I wasn't expecting great things as it did only cost me £2.50 (there was an offer) however I was expecting to be able to actually blend my foundation with it! The brush is stiff and offers no movement at all making blending practically impossible! The bristles are also hard against your face which is not a nice feature. I 100% recommend you steer clear of this brush! It's useless!




I hope you enjoyed this kind of post!
Do let me know in the comments if you have any loves and loathes of this month!
Until next time, Cheerio!
xx

2 comments: