Pages

Saturday 3 May 2014

Primark Haul!




So, a couple of days ago I took a trip into town, and being on a budget I of course took a trip to Primark to see if I could find anything for spring/summer as my wardrobe is in serious need of an overhaul! I managed to pick up a few basics I think will serve me well for casual days out this summer!




3 pairs of ankle socks for only £2!
Okay so the first thing I picked up were some adorable frilly socks, I already own a few pairs and I just love them! I think they make any outfit look cute and girly, making them a must have in my wardrobe! I picked these up in white as they'll go with pretty much anything, and a pale pink colour with cream frills; these were both £1.50 each! I also picked up a set of five ankle socks with frills for only £2! These are in the colours cream, lilac and turquoise, all with white lace trim! They're pretty much all identical to the Topshop ones but are considerably cheaper!



Only £1.50 each!


The second item I picked up was a basic floaty black cami as you can throw it on with anything and just add a chunky necklace to have a casual look or you can dress it up with a midi-skirt and heels for the evening! (I was actually in desperate need of one as I have a tartan midi-skirt that is a little too big around the waist so this will be perfect for either layering over the top or tucking in!) However it is quite thin - perfect for hot weather YES! Not so good for showing off your bra...so I think a bandeau will be needed underneath!
I picked this up for only £3 making it an absolute bargain!








The next thing I dropped into my basket was a casual speckled vest top in a sort of mint green/duck egg colour which I think will serve me well throughout the summer! The colour was the main reason I picked it up if I'm honest as I don't think I currently own anything in it!
This was also £3!






Now, as soon as I saw this t-shirt I knew I simply had to buy it! Firstly the colour is gorgeous! And secondly I adore anything with a collar! I think it's bordering on an obsession! I just think that collars make an outfit more girly and cute! You can't really tell from the picture but it's a sort of lilac/grey-ish colour!
I love the lace detailing!































I also bought two pairs of what I guess you could call capri pants? They're sort of checked cropped leggings and they remind me of the style in the fifties! I have quite a few pairs of leggings but they're either black, disco pant material or velvet which aren't exactly summery, so I thought I'd invest in these lovely ones! They're so comfy and as I do drama at sixth form I always need things I can move around in, and I hope these will also look pretty fab! 
Also for £5 each you can't really go wrong!
I'm loving midi rings at the moment!



Oooo and I also took a little trip to Topshop with my friends Emily and Laura (none of us can resist walking past!) I tried on some clothes and there was a really pretty skort and coral scalloped crop top which I fell in love with...however I decided it was too much money to spend at the time, but I'm tempted to go back and pick them up as a treat once exams are over! I did however pick up this super cute midi ring with a frog on it in the sale for only £2 (I may or may not have used my friends student discount on an already discounted ring)!
 







That's all from my little trip to town! I'm hoping to get some more summery clothes so I can completely overhaul my wardrobe this season! I'm especially loving pastels at the moment! 

Another thing I'm in desperate need of is shoes/sandals as the only summery-ish shoes I own are a pair of tan brogues! If you can recommend some sandals I'd be incredibly grateful!



I hope this was entertaining, I always love having a nosey at what other people have been buying!


Oh and I also apologize for the awful quality of some of these photos! (I'm currently using my phone's camera which is unfortunately not the best quality!)
I'm looking into buying a camera as I've been after one for ages!
 I'm not really sure which makes/models I should be looking at though so if any of you have any suggestions I would be super grateful!


Until next time, Cheerio!
xx



4 comments:

  1. I really love your blog! I started mine a while ago but was never very consistent with it as I'm bad with that sort of thing haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thankyou! That means a lot! Aha, I had a blog before this one but wasn't really feeling it (Wordpress didn't really work for me) but now I'm trying to stick with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog
    Started mine a little while ago but have been realy lazy and need to write more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou! I'll be sure to check yours out! I'm currently having a break as exams and revision are taking over! xx

      Delete