Pages

Sunday 29 January 2017

2017...and we're back?

Well hello there, welcome to 2017! Long time no see I know, I know. It's been quite a while since I've been on the blogging scene, my last post was literally two years ago which seems absolutely crazy to me! To tell you the truth I fell a little out of love with this blog as my space on the internet, believe me I've written posts over the last two years, but none of them ever seemed to be what I wanted them to be and so they remained forever in the drafts section; I couldn't quite bring myself to bin them completely but I didn't feel like I wanted them out there on my blog.

And so here we are, two years later and the first, fresh blog post.

Why now? Well since moving to Bristol for uni, despite the fact that I'm doing a drama degree, I've been feeling significantly lacking in the creative areas of my life. It's been fun to adjust to a new city and a new pace but I just feel like I'm missing something, and so a return to this blog which has given me a freedom to write whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted (no matter how awful it may have been, especially in the beginning) seemed like a good place to start.

Now I won't promise that my posts will be frequent or even on similar topics, I'm just gonna run with it and see what happens. I think I lost my love for blogging when I felt like I had to create the same posts as everyone else - makeup reviews, hauls etc. so this time it's going to be different. I'm just going to post about anything and everything that makes doing this mean something to me. I'm still figuring out the new layout of the blog (so you might notice that my old posts don't quite have text in the right places and a few photos are floating in rather odd positions), but I wanted to switch things up a bit and I'm not particularly good at customising templates so if anyone has any tips they'd be greatly appreciated! Bare with me and we'll see where it all goes.

Follow me on bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment